Friday, May 25, 2012

Working with Daddy!

Xander came to school with me today. He was so excited to see what Daddy does all day. I was excited too. He had his bag all packed up and ready before it was even time to go. Mommy took pictures and walked us out to the truck. We waved bye, got hugs and kisses, and were off to school.



At school, Xander helped me do morning bus duty. He even checked off the last bus of the year on the checkoff list. All the kids were so excited to see Xander. In the hallway, we saw teachers and Mrs. Thompson (the principal) even stopped to say hello to him.

Our next stop was breakfast. We got him a tray, then went into the library for a teacher's baby shower. He liked sitting with Daddy and with all the other teachers. He was just like one of the grown ups. He also got to try some of the food from the baby shower.






 


Since it was the last day of school, it worked out that I only had 2 classes that day. One class played limbo. Xander loved running under the limbo stick. He also got a spare stick and held it up for the kids to go through. The other class watched a movie. Xander sat with the kids to watch it. I turned the lights out and gave him a blanket and pillow. He didn't fall asleep, but he did lean over onto one of the girls and rested his head in her lap. They thought he was so cute.

The rest of the day, I was packing up and putting away the last of my classroom stuff. Xander helped me make many trips out to my truck with things to take home. He was a trooper. We would take breaks to visit the teacher's lounge and get leftovers from the baby shower. We had cookies, juice, and fruit. But Xander's favorite was the decorative leaves from the cake. "We can eat these leaves, Daddy. I like these leaves." I don't know how he fit it all in, but we also got a lunch from the cafeteria.

A couple of times during the day, we went out to the playground. Xander wanted to swing up higher than the other kids and touch his feet on the tree branches like they did. "Higher, Daddy. Higher." I didn't push him quite that high, but he did get up high enough to be happy. These other trips had to be cut short due to classes or other responsibilities. So I told him that after the day was over, and my truck was all loaded up, and everything in my room was all done, that we could go out to the playground. He was very ready to go. His bag was packed up half an hour before the kids left. (He packed it himself, which is why there were grapes strewn throughout the bag.)





After playing on the playground for a long time, we got in the truck and went home. It was my favorite day at work every. We both had such a good time, and he told me several times how much fun he had at Daddy's school.


No comments:

Post a Comment