Friday, May 4, 2012

All About Us...The Parents



I am Darcy and I am 34 years old.  I was born and raised in Indiana.  I like to be with my family (immediate and extended), friends (in real life and online), scrapbook, relax and watch my boys learn about this world that God has created around them.  I have an associate's degree in Early Childhood Education and also in Program Administration.  I have worked in daycare as a teacher and as a director and have been a nanny as well.  I am now a SAHM who loves to be with her boys and to run our household.

I'm Scott. I'm 31, and I'm a native Arkansan. I like to read, write, play games, build things, and exercise my creative mind. I teach elementary music and work on the school's news show, Cub Cam. I love to be with my boys and do guy things with them.

We were matched up on eharmony.com and corresponded once...after a couple more years we were matched on match.com and we started communicating.  It happened to be Scott's last weekend to have his subscription on there, so it was God's will that we be together.  After about a week of non-stop chatting on MSN, and on the phone, we had our first date.  Long story short, we met face-to-face in June, 2007 and were married in January, 2008.  




In June of 2009 we welcomed to the world our first son, Xander.  He will be 3 this year and is a very smart and active little boy.  He knows all of his letters, letter sounds, numbers, shapes, and colors, and he can count to 20.  Xander loves Thomas the train and has quite a collection of them.  He really enjoys spending time with his daddy and being like him.  He loves storytime at night.  He also loves to play with, and to help with, his baby brother Xavier.


In June of 2011 we welcomed Xavier into our family.  While Xander is a carbon copy of his daddy (except he has mama's blue eyes), Xavier is a mix of both sides of the family; even his eyes are mixed.  Depending on the day, light, and what he is wearing, his eyes are either blue or green.  Xavier loves to wave bye bye, and to follow his brother all around and bother him any chance he can.  He can say mama and dada.  He has also said nah to me when I ask him to say mama.  






We are very blessed and thank God for our wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment