Thursday, May 17, 2012

An Old friend is Back...

A couple weeks ago I signed up to make 3 dozen cookies for the Preschool graduation at our church.  I looked on Pinterest to find something really neat to make because I really didn't want to do plain old sugar cookies or even chocolate chip...I wanted something different.  I believe I found them.  I hadn't heard of these before or at least I don't remember hearing about these type of cookies before.  I decided to make Jello cookies.  Here is the blog that I got it from http://www.iheartnaptime.net/jello-cookies/  (I really like her blog name!).  To do these I needed to pull out an old friend...my Kitchen Aide mixer (that I haven't used in at least 2 1/2 years.

I think if I had an actual space for it on my counter I would leave it out, but the upper cabinets in my kitchen go to low to have it sit out on the counter.

As you can see below it worked!  I even remembered how to use it!  This is the first batch to go into the oven.  Had to finish the blue ones next.


The Green are Lime flavor, Orange are well...Orange flavor, the Red are Strawberry and the Blue ones are Berry Blue flavor.  The recipe states that it would make 2 dozen but thankfully I was able to get way more than that as you can see.


Here is the picture of the platter for the graduation.  I have leftover cookies.  I really hope that they taste ok!



2 comments: