Friday, May 11, 2012

My version of Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

I have decided that I want to start making ice cream at home.  I already have the ice cream maker so why not? I decided that we would do chocolate ice cream first (after I found that vanilla beans are outrageous in price!), so I looked on allrecipes.com and found this recipe  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/very-chocolate-ice-cream/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chocolate%20ice%20cream&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page
One chocolate ice cream I love is from Schwan's and has peanut butter and chocolate in it.  I figured I would do the same and see if it would taste like it.  
I made little peanut butter balls and froze them for about 24 hours.

Instead of using white milk in the recipe I put in chocolate milk that we had.  I made the recipe as it says to and at the end of the freezing cycle on the ice cream maker I added the peanut butter and a handful of chocolate chips.
Xander helped me make the ice cream.


Xavier as in on the action as well.


Scott and I taste tested it last night and it is SOOOO GOOD!  Scott did say that he thought it was a little rich but I didn't think so.  I will try and make smaller peanut butter balls next times though.





No comments:

Post a Comment